Thursday 17 February 2011

So it begins.....


Well at least the blogging does. Training started a couple of monthes ago and despite the weather it has gone reasonably well. At least I haven't broken any bones this time. My first marathon training effort 4 years ago ended with a broken metatarsal. I have no idea how it happened and yes I was sober at the time. I'm managing 2 or 3 short runs a week (about 5 miles each) and a longer run at the weekend. As I had a day off today, I took the opportunity for a longer run and managed 13 miles without any dramas although it did get cold later in the afternoon.

The plan is to complete a 16+ mile run this weekend.


The next target is the Flora 1/2 marathon at Silverstone in 2 weeks time. I've done this a few times and it's a good rehersal for the real thing. 15,000 runners, a smooth surface and no traffic, ideal for running but it can be a bit exposed to the elements. The last time I raced around the track it was a bit quicker but as usual I was near the back. A decent time for me on foot would be about 2 hours. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment