Tuesday 1 March 2011

So far, so good.



They refer to March as being the month to really increase the distances for each training run. I admit I'm not really looking forward to it but it's the only way to give me an outside chance of finishing in one piece. Keeping motivated is probably the hardest part now especially over the longer distances. I'm fortunate to have the help of a few running partners, especially my Aussie mate Sarah, ( I never could say no to Sarah) who keep me going when it's wet and cold and when sitting in front of a warm fire at home is a lot more attractive. I've also enlisted the help of our two canine family members with mixed success. Our Golden Retriever is not best suited for running and can really only keep up going downhill (yes he is that slow). The Husky is way too fast and tends to pull me along. I wonder if they'll notice if I take him along on race day?
It's the Silverstone Half Marathon this weekend. Anything under 2.15 would be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment